I posted a picture of my cauliflower tots on Instagram and have gotten a few messages for the recipe. Never fear, Chef Steph is here.
What you’ll need:
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cooking spray
- Sheet pan
- (I’m going to dice 1/2 of a yellow onion and cook it slightly to add to my next batch)
What you’ll do:
- Wash off the cauliflower and pat dry, cut florets that you can handle with your hand or that will fit in your food processor.
- Grab your grater or food processor (much easier / saves your knuckles) and shred all of the cauliflower.
- Take the shredded cauliflower and put all of it in the middle of a clean kitchen towel to squeeze the excess moisture out of it. Squeeze, squeeze, and squeeze one more time. Put the cauliflower in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, parmesan, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and cayenne and mix thoroughly to incorporate all the ingredients together.
- Take a heaping teaspoon and form a tot, put it on your prepared baking sheet – repeat.
- Put sheet in oven at 400 for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven, serve immediately.